MailboxValidator’s integration with Mailgun provides users a very simple way to import their email list into MailboxValidator for verification and then return the results back to Mailgun.
First of all, you need to have an account in Mailgun and also MailboxValidator. So head on to the sign up page and register for one. Once you have done this, you’ll need to upload your email list in Mailgun.
- Once your email list in Mailgun is ready, login to your MailboxValidator dashboard and select “Import Mailgun Data” from the “Import Data” dropdown menu.
- Login into your account with your Mailgun API key. Where is my Mailgun API key?
- When you have saved your API key successfully, you should see “You have successfully saved your Mailgun API key. You may proceed to import Mailgun lists for validations.” then click on “Go to import page.” to see your Mailgun lists. Now, choose the list that you want to import, then click on “Import Selected List & Validate”.
- You shall see a message like this, “Your list will be processed and Mailgun will be updated automatically.”
- Go to the Bulk Plan page and click on Bulk Validation, you can see the progress. Please note that the validation process may not start immediately as all bulk validation tasks are put into a queue and processed in the order that they were queued up. Rest assured, your validations will be processed when you have reached your turn in the queue.
- Once the progress showed 100%, you’ve completed validation and the analyzed result will be updated at Mailgun. You can download the result straight from MailboxValidator dashboard or go back to your Mailgun account. You will also be notified via email when the validation is done.
- Don’t be surprised to see some emails in your list being marked as Unsubscribed as those are invalid emails.